Monkey Boy!

As promised I've started my next crazy hobby that will probably just turn into a fad and I'll be doing something else in a month or so. To be fair, I did see a guitar for sale in Cash Converters (other Pawn-Broker/Fenced_Stolen_Goods style shops are available) this lunchtime and thought "I've always fancied learning to play, maybe I'll buy it and learn....". 

ANYHOW!

I've often fancied the idea of Rock Climbing but to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit of wuss when it comes to heights. No. Correction. I don't like FALLING from heights! Especially big ones. Or the idea of my life being in the hands of my own competence with ropes, clamps, bolts in rocks, wet rocks, crumbly rocks, spiders (they might live in the cracks!) and dragons (everyone knows that dragons live in caves in cliffs).

SO!
I've discovered BOULDERING! On my way home from work, there is an indoor climbing centre called Red Spider so not only can I finish work early to "do some sport", I'm also halfway home by the time I've finished.
Well so far I AM HOOKED!









I don't need to know how to tie silly knots. I don't have to wear a skid lid (helmet) and there are no spiders (despite the name of the place!)

That reminds me of when I was a kid actually. Outside our house on the brick wall in the summer there used to be LOADS of teeny tiny red spiders in the summer. I hate to say it but we actually used to squish them quite regularly as they made quite a pleasing splat or red on the mortar. 


Turns out they were Red Spider Mites and are some kind of garden pest. SO! Before you comment what a vicious little sod I was when a kid, in my defence, it was probably more humane that chemical pest control!
INSTANT DEATH!





BOULDERING.
Aaaannnnndddd....I'm back in the room!
Having now been TWICE (Yes! It's a RECORD) I can wholeheartedly say that it is one of the most intense whole body workouts I've had IN A LONG TIME!
I just wish I hadn't done that Tyre Flip for a mile whilst in Dubai last year as the tendons in my left arm and hand are still aggravated despite almost two months rest. Sad Smiley.

Complaining aside. The people at Red Spider were super friendly and to be honest, I thought they'd be a bit elitist and judgemental. This was NOT the case! Though, just between you and me. For now I'm sticking to the walls that you can't see from the service counter so they can't see how useless I am!

Check out a quick YOU TUBE video of someone who knows what they are doing Bouldering:

You can see more of RED SPIDER by checking out their FACEBOOK page at:
https://www.facebook.com/redspiderclimbing/info
I don't know much about all this technical jiggery pokery but why not reference my blog whilst you are there!
Before I sign off and my mind is on YOUTUBE....Check out this video of some people I know trying American Candy (Sweets to you and me in the real world!), despite the fact that a couple of them look distincly Polish or somesuch to me).
I LOVE the fact that they apologise for there "not being much here" and then scoffing their way through a BUCKETLOAD of sweets. At least I know what she's spending her "dinner money" on!

Next week....they are going to try LSD (or something). Not sure what it is to be honest. The guy on the street was a bit cagey about what EXACTLY it is.

(Only kidding)
(Or am I?)
!







Comments

  1. I'm Абрам Александр a businessman who was able to revive his dying lumbering business through the help of a God sent lender known as Benjamin Lee the Loan Consultant. Am resident at Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург. Well are you trying to start a business, settle your debt, expand your existing one, need money to purchase supplies. Have you been having problem trying to secure a Good Credit Facility, I want you to know that Mr Benjamin will see you through. Is the right place for you to resolve all your financial problem because am a living testimony and i can't just keep this to myself when others are looking for a way to be financially lifted.. I want you all to contact this God sent lender using the details as stated in other to be a partaker of this great opportunity Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com  Or  WhatsApp/Text +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts