Attention Span of a Newt



Are you still here? Have you seriously got nothing better to be doing?
Honestly. Stop sitting in front of a PC/Laptop/Mobile Phone and pause, look up, and see the world around you.

But NOT before you've read this.

Obviously.

You will have noticed on my previous posts that I was intending on producing a pepakura Biker Scout helmet from the Starwars franchise. However, I've put his on the back burner for a while whilst I source relevent patterns or make up my own. Once I've done the prep work, I'll proceed with that build.

In the meantime and seeing as how I've already started, I've decided to push on with the Ironman helmet that I started making about two years ago but which has been sitting in the garage ever since.

....Exciting news! To help with the progress of this and future builds, I've finally registered at www.therpf.com which in my view is THE place to go for all things to do with pepakura/cosplay! Just look for me on there as "Sargent Venom"...obviously.

The start point I have so far is the basic foam build as shown below. Once I've gone back on my old files on the computer at home, I'll credit the amazing individual who created the template.
I've tried a couple of paper templates but I'm relatively happy with how this foam one has turned out so we'll see how it develops!
Pending Credit Mention for the creator of this AMAZING template!

A couple of things to note before we move forward...

  1. This WILL NOT be an exercise in movie accurate reproduction.
  2. This will PROBABLY NOT end up in the classic red and gold colour scheme.
  3. This will MORE THAN LIKELY end up with a few modifications/additions but the time I finish.
  4. If you haven't already figured it out, I don't like following rules.

I'm sure I'm about to commit some kind of pepakura no-no but I don't like the foam finish and will be going down the traditional route of fibreglass and body filler with this helmet.

I've used a simple foam roll camping mat for the fabrication in the interests which has not provided much stability and I'm not happy with the dimpled surface either. Besides, I need a bit more practice on a fine finish this will be my project pieces for the coming weeks/months in between all the DIY that needs doing in the house.

Stay tuned and come on a journey as we explore the fun world of pepakura!


Comments

Popular Posts